[time-nuts] Trimble 34310-T EFC Question

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Thu Nov 7 03:40:31 UTC 2013

Hello Bob,

If you think you are getting any high frequency into the EFC control - it
may be worth putting a(nother) low-pass filter in there.  Are you measuring
noise on that line?

Do you have a snap-shot of a schematic?  Or, can you take a picture of that
circuit?  I would hazard a guess you don't want to change the op-amp in
such a way the gain is too high - the circuit could be designed for unity
gain.  A different choice in resistors could still yield unity gain and
maybe knock down the noise a bit.

I would need to put an ammeter in the circuit to determine if there was any
meaningful current flow - without injecting noise of course... ;)

73's,
John
AJ6BC