[time-nuts] Use of Trimble Thunderbolt for GPS clock time source?

Bob Burchett EE Bob.Burchett at EEonTheWeb.com
Fri Nov 8 07:13:11 UTC 2013

Anyone know if the Serial DB-9 port on a T-Bolt can provide us with GPS
clock time for a dual purpose? We use the 10 MHz now to create a TCXO
replacement in a VHF radio (makes for good simulcast clock lock so they are
all on channel) but now we need to synchronize the rest of the system using
store-and-forward of our TCP packets and make everything on time.  That
needs real GPS clock time and we don't want to buy another GPS RX for each
location.  Can we get both signals from one T-Bolt?

Robert L. "Bob" Burchett WB6SLC

22826 Mariposa Ave.

Torrance CA 90502

Direct line: 310.534.4456