[time-nuts] The 5MHz Sweet Spot

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Nov 10 01:13:05 UTC 2013

Hi

One of the often seen statements about jumps is that the time between them increases as the oscillator ages. Obviously that’s only going to apply to certain mechanisms. If you OCXO jumps because there is no solder on the varicap, it may not apply. To the extent it’s true, it’s a much bigger issue for those who buy their OCXO’s straight from the factory than for those who buy them surplus.

Bob