[time-nuts] linux-gpib working on a RasPI

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Nov 12 05:08:59 UTC 2013

> With the Prologix unit, I had a homebrew client library (in "C") up and
> running well enough to make me happy the day it arrived.  I do not use
> NI-VISA, and trying to figure out that mares nest just left me completely
> mystified.  I'm a good enough C programmer to do the things I need once I
> have connectivity and a simple interface.  No connection to Prologix, etc,
> etc, etc.

Another thumbs up on the Prologix unit.

I'm not sure I had it running the day it arrived, but it was close to that.
(I may have been busy with something else.)  My only stumbling was getting
the flow control turned on.

YMMV etc.  I prefer working with low level bits rather than fancy GUI stuff.

I have one connected to a HP 5334B.  It's been collecting data for several
years.

My demo/starter code is out on the web.  I'll dig up the URL if anybody has
problems finding it.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.