[time-nuts] Mains frequency

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 08:29:27 UTC 2013

Here is a real-time map of mains frequency
http://fnetpublic.utk.edu/gradientmap.html

A common way to measure this is to connect a 9 volt AC plug-in power supply
to the DCD pin of a serial port and let the PPS system log and time stamp
each cycle.  You can do it no more hardware than the transformer and any
PC-like computer.  The computer can bedding other tasks at the same time,
like serving files or whatever.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Bill Dailey <docdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have my picpet faithfully measuring grid frequency and was wondering if
> anyone else if the eastern grid has a live measure to compare to?
>
> 110vac-->5vac-->100ohm-->picpet event---> python average 60 cycles--> log
> freq every second.
>
> Sent from mobile

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California