[time-nuts] 3GHZ Extender for HP 53131A and 53132A

XPMUser arnold.tibus at gmx.de
Tue Nov 19 20:19:24 UTC 2013

Hello Nigel,
and hello Rick,

thank you for the hint to and the remarks concerning
the 3 GHz extender from SQ5ESM.

I ordered one unit and got it within a few days last week.
I am very happy with it in my 53132A, looks like the original
from HP in detail. Also the manufacturing quality seem to
be of high grade, worth the money.

I checked the sensitivity using my 8663A up to 2.5 GHz(and
Trimble Thunderbolt for the reference frequency). The service
manual says that the reading shall be stable up to -27 dBm.
My unit is stable up to -28 dBm to -29 dBm, -30 dBm is too
low. So the unit does work very fine and behaves as decribed
by HP, does seem to be a realy good work using quality parts
as stated by the seller.
I have no idea why yours is showing different values. Did you
check it again?
I hope the original design by HP does meet the criteria
mentioned by Rick ;-)

Thanks again for all the very interesting comments,

regards,

Arnold