[time-nuts] 3GHZ Extender for HP 53131A and 53132A

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Nov 19 23:38:27 UTC 2013

Hi Arnold,

I was just about to reply to your first message and ask at what frequency
you'd measured the sensitivity, but then found your follow up:-)

I was very happy with the first one so bought a second one for my other HP
counter and both seem to be very similar.
I've just checked the 53132A against two radio tests sets and with both I'm
 seeing an indicated sensitivity of close to -50dBm at 1000MHz, but both
generators are at their limit there and neither have been recently calibrated
at  those frequencies so I'm quite happy to concede a few dBm tolerance:-)

I'm not too concerned about ultimate sensitivity anyway but, as I
commented previously, with them just being very much plug 'n go there wasn't a  lot
else left to measure:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR