[time-nuts] Strange 100ns jumps on Motorola M12+T

"Björn" bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu Nov 21 09:17:37 UTC 2013

Hi Stephan,

> Using a single antenna and splitting it is an idea, but then I still need
> to devise something to inject the antenna DC power at the other end of the
> splitter etc. And, we are trying to measure the relative offset between
> the
> antenna/receiver pairs for calibration.

Most generic RF splitters I have worked with have DC connections between
all ports. So you would need to connect one GPS directly to the splitter
and then DC block the other two receivers.

This is taken care of if you buy a splitter designed for GPS use. Look in
the archives. GPS networking, GPS Source, HP/Agilent/Symmetricom/... all
do splitters.

   http://gpsnetworking.com/datasheet%20replacements/LDCBS1X4.pdf

Phase unbalance between the ports of <1 deg, should not contribute to you
error budget significantly.

kind regards,

      Björn