[time-nuts] Strange 100ns jumps on Motorola M12+T

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Nov 21 14:40:14 UTC 2013

> The 100ns is exactly one cycle at 10 MHz.  GPS receivers use this, or
> something very close, as an internal clock.

Joe,

The vintage Oncore VP used a 9.54 MHz clock (which is why its sawtooth is about +/- 52 ns).

Stephan is using the newer M12+T (~40 MHz clock, which is why its sawtooth is about +/- 13 ns).

A 100.0 ns offset is more likely something to do with 10.00 MHz, which is why I suspect connections and settings of the 53131A counter.

/tvb