[time-nuts] DIY QFH

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Wed Nov 27 16:23:35 UTC 2013

Well, I won't put attachments on any more.  Anyhow, I did get some Pulse Antennas from mouser. W3011A, I think they're meant to be used with a patch type antenna, looking at the recommended circuit.  But it didn't show any pattern with the design, but they were cheap enough so if I wanted to play with them. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/DogTi/patchantenna_zps353f8d1c.jpg  I did see an article in QST by K7KKQ (Oct 02) that is a turnstile type antenna, but from what I've seen of the pattern with turnstile, it's not that great so I haven't played with it, looks easy enough to build.  But the QFH antennas seem to have the best pattern for a DIY.  I just need to get the ones I've made out and compare with the PCTel.

Dave