[time-nuts] Simulation of oscillator noise

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Nov 28 13:37:32 UTC 2013

Wolfgang,

There's a large list of papers at William Riley's site that should be of interest to you:
http://www.wriley.com/
He also has copies of the NBS test data.

Given you're working on a masters thesis you can probably qualify for a student discount on his Stable32 software; it includes the ability to generate 5 types of synthetic oscillator noise from alpha -2 to alpha +2. Documentation is on his site.

I have lots of raw oscillator data sets that you're welcome to look at. Let me know what sort of oscillator you're interested in. See also:
http://leapsecond.com/pages/gpsdo-sim/

/tvb