[time-nuts] GPSDO choices

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Fri Oct 4 16:15:58 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

I purchased one of the Miller units and it more than met my expectations (that were set by the description on his web site and the information I was able to find on the web.)   I also purchased a Fury which also more than met my expectations.   I would have no issues repeating either purchase.  Depending on your needs and budget both units could be reasonable choices.

For what it is worth when I purchased the Miller unit I was looking for a 10 Mhz frequency standard for use with my amateur radios, when I purchased the Fury I was looking for a new GPSDO for "time nuts hobby" useage.  I also own several other GPSDO's including a surplus Thunderbolt.   The nominal 12 Volt power requirements of both the Miller and Fury units are a plus for me but in practice I have never run my Fury from any source other than the power supply that was shipped with it.

If you would like more specfic info feel free to contact me off list and I can try to help.

Regards
Mark Spencer