[time-nuts] How hard is it to detect a GPS Jammer?

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 7 14:08:08 UTC 2013

Many "scanners" now go to that frequency e.g AOR AR-8600. (100kHz to 2GHz )
They are hardly state-of-the-art receivers but should be capable of
detecting jammers driving past. However a new unit is quite pricey $1000
equivalent in the UK as little as $300 for a used version. Also the AMSAT
FCD Pro+ USB SDR at $200 and free software.

Alan
G3NYK