[time-nuts] How hard is it to detect a GPS Jammer?

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:05:22 UTC 2013

And some of them have considerably higher EIRP,   Like THIS one,   As you
can see they are not sophisticated devices they are intended to swamp the
real GPS signal,

Spoofers would be much harder to detect which is why GNSS systems intended
for military use rely on encrypted signals and fairly sophisticated key
management techniques.

Now for nightmares - the GPS Jammer shown below has an advertised EIRP of
3.4W and the vendor has another with an EIRP of  7.2W

http://hem.passagen.se/communication/gps.html

[image: Inline image 1]