[time-nuts] Pendulum CNT91 with TimeLab

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Oct 10 10:39:54 UTC 2013

Hi John

That's fixed it, great big happy grin here:-), thank you.

I did find that unzipping the files into the "drivers" sub folder  didn't
have any effect, on my Win7 installation anyway, but  then noticed the
original .TLL files were in the TimeLab folder iteslf so  tried overwriting those
instead and now have the "Auto-Identify Instrument"  check box as predicted.

With the box unchecked I've confirmed from the Monitor window that data
does start streaming without the ID string being sent first and measurements
run  just fine and without the previous error message.
Leaving the box checked does still provide the ID string as before, and
still leads to the error message.

For some reason, the first time I tried with the box checked and tried to
start the measurement TimeLab stopped responding instead of producing the
error message as previously but I only mention that in case it does become
more  common, here at least that seems to have been a one off and I've been
unable to  repeat it.

I've just confirmed that the CNT90 also has the HP compatible mode, so that
 should lead to even more very happy users:-)

Regards, and thanks again,

Nigel
GM8PZR

In a message dated 10/10/2013 07:45:00 GMT Daylight Time, john at miles.io
writes:

> [...]

That's probably what's happening.  If the returned  string doesn't contain
"Hewlett", it will assume it's a valid sample value  and try to evaluate it.
Can you try unzipping these replacement .TLL files  into the "drivers"
folder
beneath your TimeLab installation  directory?
http://www.ke5fx.com/tic_drivers.zip

After you do that,  there should be a checkbox in the acquisition dialog
that
you can uncheck  to keep it from trying to automatically identify the
counter
model.   Let me know if that helps.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design  LLC