[time-nuts] HP 5065A A-12 Module Needed

Rick rick at cnssys.com
Fri Oct 11 20:19:00 UTC 2013

Hello Time Nuts -

I have an older HP model 5065A Rubidium standard (s/n 1320A) and one of the
heaters in the A-12 module, Rubidium Vapor Frequency Reference (aka "thermos
bottle"), has failed.  It appears that this is the only failed part in the
entire unit, and is one part that simply cannot be repaired or replaced.  Does
anybody have one of these modules with other failed parts, like a bad bulb or
photocell, and good heaters they would be willing to sell?

You can easily check the heaters by measuring resistances on P-15, the DB-9
connector going in to the A-12 module.  The resistance between pins 3-4 and pins
4-5 should be around 50 ohms.  Resistance from pin 4 to the threaded stud on the
end of the module should show an open circuit.

Here's hoping someone can help me out with this.  Many thanks!

Rick

W2GPS

Richard M. Hambly
363 Hawick Court, Severna Park, MD 21146
410-987-7835 phone, 410-987-7836 Fax, 410-299-2147 cell
 <mailto:rick at cnssys.com> rick at cnssys.com,  <http://www.cnssys.com>
www.cnssys.com,  <http://www.gpstime.com> www.gpstime.com