[time-nuts] Trimble TB replacement options???

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Sat Oct 12 00:51:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Frank Hughes <hp_ciscovss at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does it seem like the Trimble Thunderbolt units are becoming scarce, and commanding prices accordingly?

The "inexpensive" used Thunderbolts predate my interest in GPSDOs so I
can't speak to relative prices but if your budget is ~ $300 they're
still readily available.  The various 2PPS Trimble GPSTM boxes/boards
seem to occupy the < $200 Thunderbot-like niche and some work
(somewhat) with Lady Heather if you're fond of that program.

Various Z38xx devices are also candidates if you just want an
inexpensive GPSDO in-a-box with 1 and 10M Hz (some with multiple
outputs) if you are willing to deal with  it's-not-quite-a-Z3801
behavior.