[time-nuts] Need a schematic of Trimble 2003 era Thunderbolt RX

Bob Burchett Bob.Burchett at EEonTheWeb.com
Wed Oct 23 05:15:39 UTC 2013

Anyone have a link or PDF of the T-Bolt schematic? We are "never satisfied"
with how things that seem to be working fine might fail one day in our
critical environment SO:

The object of the game is so if the T-Bolt fails to provide the 10 MHz
signal that the loss of it will trigger a fail-over mechanism to a backup
source so we built up a monitor-keys-a-controller circuit that watches the
10 MHz and while we DO have the Trimble PDF manual it doesn't have a
schematic AND:

Issue 1 is: We are monitoring the 10 MHz output of the T-Bolt and it appears
to be AC coupled so this isn't as easily detected and we want to tap-in
before the coupling capacitor to get a straight DC coupled signal for our
special signal monitor circuit; that is one reason for schematic need PLUS:

Issue 2 is: We see NO signal coming from the 1 PPS BNC jack and we hear that
this is a port that can be enabled/ disabled and we are hoping one of you
know how to enable it to output the 1 PPS which we might use to drive the
monitor circuit OR:

Optionally: how we might rewire it so we can get 10 MHz out of that "unused"
jack to feed our monitor circuit.

Thanks!

Robert L. "Bob" Burchett WB6SLC

Certified Communications Engineer