[time-nuts] Need a schematic of Trimble 2003 era Thunderbolt RX

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 15:06:07 UTC 2013

Bob,

Just my 2 cents: If you have a critical environment at work, you should probably not be using a 10 year old $150 product with unknown origin that many here are now reporting as failing on them and that requires multiple power supply rails that can each fail as well.

It will likely make things worse if you start putting wires onto critical traces such as the digital 10MHz going into the low pass filters.

Its fine for hobby applications, but likely not a good idea if you really have a critical environment you need to service. A penny saved but a dollar spent in the long run.

That said I think if I remember correctly there are companies that make mission-critical distribution amps with dual source inputs and auto switching, maybe Quartzlock, Symmetricom, or SRS?

Bye,
Said

Sent From iPhone