[time-nuts] Time stamping with a PICPET

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 07:00:19 UTC 2013

I am going to use a Tbolt or an LPRO to source the 10MHz, the nanoseconds are not going to be important,
the noise or jitter on the proximity detector or photoelectric detector may swamp any 10MHz noise.
In the last few decades I am becoming increasingly computer illiterate, the machines and/or operating systems
that I used to know are all in museums.
All I want is something that works.
I have some great ideas for a pendulum system that will work at atmospheric pressure on a bench top,
eliminating the clock vault 50metres underground and the high vacuum system. However I will have to
test and adjust each element of the system, so I need to log timestamps.
cheers, thanks for the input,
Neville Michie