[time-nuts] Low Allan Dev Oscillators

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Mon Sep 2 16:46:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

My colleague Steve  posted an Allan Dev plot of one of our 10 MHz
oscillators.

It showed a funny hump at the beginning of the measurement.

The hump is just because the units were still warming up.  They hadn’t been
on long before I started the measurement.

The problem is that we are always in a rush to supply these components and
never have time to run them for 30 days.

I now have a few in stock and I intend to start  two of them up tomorrow and
leave them for as long as I can and re-do the measurements.

I'll post the results when I have some meaningful results.

Regards

Martyn