[time-nuts] Tboltmon and linux

Paul Alfille paul.alfille at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 19:22:51 UTC 2013

Quite right. The symbolic links work very well for pegging wine COM ports
to linux serial devices.

There is an issue with usb serial devices (or any usb devices) having
inconsistent enumeration at startup and thus different assigned names.
You can use udev rules (e.g.
http://hintshop.ludvig.co.nz/show/persistent-names-usb-serial-devices/) or
use /dev/serial/by-id/ for entries.

As a side note, have you managed to get Lady Heather to wok either natively
in Linux or under Wine? I get fatal errors.

Paul Alfille