[time-nuts] GPS outage?

Brad Dye brad at braddye.com
Wed Sep 4 22:14:08 UTC 2013

Readers of my newsletter are reporting a strange interruption of their GPS reception yesterday -- mainly in the northeastern US but also in SC. This is my first day on this mailing list -- for a while -- so I don't know if this has been discussed or reported previously. Has anyone else noticed this? We are trying to find out is there was some sort of system-wide issue or maybe if it was local interference possibly caused by those GPS jammers that some of the truckers have been using.

By the way, my newsletter is mostly about Paging, and we use GPS/DOs to keep the paging transmitters (in simulcast mode) synchronized and on frequency.

Best regards,

Brad Dye, K9IQY
Editor, Wireless Messaging News
P.O. Box 266