[time-nuts] Moto 5 MHz OXCO

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 00:41:00 UTC 2013

Dave
In my experience motorola oscillators were pretty good. They do the job
intended of keeping radios on frequency with an appropriate noise level.
Nice unit its heater looks like it runs on 18v and osc at 8V.
Hard to say how these units compare to what is typically discussed on
Time-nuts I will guess lower grade by quite a bit. But again they had a
particular use so don't take that as a negative comment. We tend to dive in
a bit deeper as you will see. Thanks for the pix good to see whats in them.
5 Mhz oscillators are always useful.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL