[time-nuts] GPS outage?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Sep 5 01:37:25 UTC 2013

Hi

My guess is that if GPS was down over the northeastern part of the US for most of a day, you would not have to check with TimeNuts. It would be on the evening news. Since your typical mobile GPS needs more sats than a timing receiver, they should drop out first. When the entire car / truck / bus / ambulance driving population of a couple dozen states all gets lost at once - you'll hear about it…..

Bob