[time-nuts] LPRO questions...

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 5 21:23:55 UTC 2013

On 09/05/2013 10:45 PM, Alan Kamrowski II wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Where is the dimple?  The bulb end looked circular and smooth?  Do you mean
> the other end (back end which is visible even when the bulb is installed)?
> The bulb end points towards the entire assembly...
The back end as mounted is where you want it to deposit. When I did it,
it turned out that I better put the "window" side downwards so that when
the vapor rose as it was hot, it hit the cooler side above it and
settled there, that's how I reduced the shadowing on the window to
clear. The reason it's a bad thing is that this thin coating will absorb
exactly that wavelength you try to output.

Cheers,
Magnus