[time-nuts] Datum / Efratom MFTD Distribution units?

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Thu Sep 5 22:12:01 UTC 2013

On 9/1/2013 3:34 PM, Dan Rae wrote:
> Does anyone have any details, schematics etc., on these units?  I have
> two racks with various modules, both set up for multiple 5 MHz and 1
> PPS distribution and would like to modify if possible to 10 MHz.

Replying to my own question :^)

I have successfully changed the 5MHz MDP units over to 10 MHz.  This
turned out to be relatively simple; removing the Minicircuits 5 MHz LP
filters revealed the PC board and silk screen had been laid out for a
discrete 2 section LP filter, easy to populate as desired. The output
circuits on each channel similarly seem to allow for different
versions.  I changed the 5 MHz series filters where fitted to 10 MHz
ones by changing the L part to an appropriate value.

The BFI / BFM input units appear to be broad band.

Dan