[time-nuts] 2 questions on HP 5371A/5372A

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Sep 6 01:29:13 UTC 2013

Geez, you'd think nobody had one of these things.

1.  The 5372A doesn't use anything so common as "gate time".  No, it
uses "interval sampling" instead.  Take a look in the Operating Manual
on page 1-23 "Time Interval Measurement with Interval Sampling Arming".
Clear as mud, isn't it?  But that's what you want.  The maximum gate
time is 8 seconds.  The same applies to frequency measurements.

2.  The closest thing they've got to a screensaver is the "Display
Blank" which really isn't anything close to a screensaver. :-(   It's
described on page 12-6.

Ed