[time-nuts] GPS outage?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Sep 6 07:04:10 UTC 2013

On 09/06/2013 05:06 AM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> Can anyone estimate how many GPS jammers there are in the New England
> area?   There just might be "thousands".  I don't know.
>
> I think the reason most people are not effected is that most GPS user
> are mobile and if they are near a jammer it is only for a few minutes
Let me tell you that FAA and DHS has serious concerns regarding GPS jammers.

They will happily inform you of just how much trouble they went through
to identify the GPS jammer that regularly caused problems for a New
Jersey airport. They will also tell you that they saw 5 other GPS
jammers, but none of those affected the airport. It was a painful
learning experience for them.

Cheers,
Magnus