[time-nuts] First frequency counter

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 12:01:00 UTC 2013

Hi Edesio,
Welcome to the group. The HP 5316A you are looking at is an excellent little counter. While not up to extreme time nut standards, they work well and in my opinion would make a much better first counter than (say) one of the modern low end (not known brand) new counters or microcontroller based modules/kits. I have one and it gets as much use as my 5370B. It's not rack bound for starters. While small it has the features of a full size universal counter. If the auction goes much higher it may be worth looking at dealers. I can get a 5316B with HPIB in the UK for under 100 UK pounds.

Robert G8RPI.