[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 22:06:20 UTC 2013

I have that same board and I am powering it from a 30VDC unregulated
power cube from an old printer, it has been working well that way for
several months now.  The specs say it will shutdown at around 18V so it
will probably be OK at 19.5, if it is a unregulated brick the actual
output may even be a bit higher than rated voltage.  I made my power
connections by soldering the leads from the power cube to square pins
and shoving the square pins into the connector on the board.  I suspect
it could run of AC too however I have never tried it, since it is
designed for telco  systems they would not spec AC power.

I made my antenna connection using a SMB to BNC pigtail and terminated
the antenna cable with a BNC connector.   I use a couple more of the
same pigtails for the 10MHz and even second outputs.

Paul.