[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Sat Sep 7 14:13:03 UTC 2013

OK, I'm staying away from the AC input, I can deal with the DC just fine.  I've got some decent TV coax, and it shouldn't be a 30' run to a good spot.  I have a very good view of the southern sky, actually that's about all I have. Heavy canopy of trees right above the shack area.  Will trees block the signals to any appreciable amount?  I know they kill the hughes signal for my satellite internet.  Once I get set up and running, I'll look into some of the quad shield.

As far as reset, is this something I need to do in LH?  I haven't installed or looked at the program yet.  Should I first get the com going into the unit before I plug the antenna in or just get it set up and do a reset when I start it up.  I'm supposing I can find the reset when I start LH and get com working?  It'll be an hour or so before I get the antenna and cable installed and into the shack.  But then I should be ready to start unless I have to deal with a higher DC voltage/current than I have.

Dave
N3DT