[time-nuts] TS-2100 gps receiver setup question

Howard Davidson hld at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 8 04:30:07 UTC 2013

I bought a Datum Symmetricom TS2100 on e-bay. I've updated the firmware
to 4.1. It did not have a gps module. After looking on time-nuts it
appears that it wants a Trimble module.

It will talk to a Resolution-T I had on hand. I can retrieve the
firmware version, signal strengths, and satellites being tracked. The
TS2100 does not appear to collect the time or the position from the
receiver. Otherwise the TS2100 appears to function.

I have run the receiver bare under Trimble Studio, and it appears to
work correctly. It finds satellites, can do a self survey, outputs 1
PPS,position, mode, etc. I suspect hat there is some setup variable I
need to change in the GPS receiver to let the TS2100 read the
appropriate messages. When I ask the TS2100 for position or time I
always get "GPS receiver busy". I have set the self survey down to 50
fixes, and have allowed adequate time for that to complete. I have also
tried the receiver in PVT mode. Anyone have an idea of what to do?

Thanks,

hld

--
Howard L. Davidson