[time-nuts] NTP/1-PPS/RS232 question

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 8 04:58:49 UTC 2013

From: Bob Bownes

100ms is an awful lot of 'inverter gates'!
===========================

You mis-understand - the inverter is simply to alter the negative-going
logic to positive-going, not to delay!

I had the same issue with my Sure Electronics board:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

and used a spare inverter on the board.

BTW: I've used boards like the Adafruit one to talk directly to the serial
port on an older Dell PC (RX and DCD only) without the need for level
translators.  It was a direct connection (few centimetres) without a long
intervening cable run, though.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu