[time-nuts] How to turn off ECHO of Z38xx series GPSDO

Hui Zhang ba6it at 163.com
Sun Sep 8 09:54:02 UTC 2013

Dear group:
   I'm building a little Arduino project that is HP Z38xx's LCD monitor, I use a Arduino Duemilanove board and a 12864 LCD screen to display running infomation of Z38xx, but when I almost finish my program, I found my Z3801A changed serial port output mode, it send a command echo before useful message,  like as:

if I sent " ROSC:STAT?"
At first it will return "LOCK CR/LF SCPI>", I used few code to cut sub-string before CR/LF, it works well;

But now it return " ROSC:STAT? 0x0D 0x0A LOCK 0x0D 0x0A SCPI>", it added a ECHO message (same with which command the Arduiono sent to it) in  ASCII message head. I used a PC and Hyper Terminal to monitor my Z3801A, it gave me same output. I didn't recall how it change its output mode, but point is how to turn off this ECHO mode?

Thanks a lot.

Hui Zhang