[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 19:38:41 UTC 2013

>Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
>Tue Sep 10 09:03:24 EDT 2013
>
>Again,  THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR IS NOT BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The firmware in
>some of these units (those from NTPX modules) does NOT  read the temperature
>sensor in high-res mode.

I have sold over 200 T-bolts and had to replace about 30 of their thermometer chips,
most because of the revision problem causing the 'stepped' temp plot, but some
because of chip failure. If this were the typical low res problem the yellow trace
would show the characteristic uniform staircase steps, not the random jumps to
some common  value that it never exceeds. If you look closely at the plot you'll
see many very small changes that are far smaller than any of the steps would be.
Also there are major portions of the trace where it is absolutely flat and I doubt that
this is really happening. I'll stick with broken but maybe someone else with another
NTBW50AA can run LH and show what their graph looks like.

-Arthur