[time-nuts] Example of clocks interlocking with each other

David McGaw n1hac at alum.dartmouth.org
Sat Sep 14 02:37:05 UTC 2013

Not true.  It depends on the strength and reciprocity of the coupling.
If essentially equal as with the metronomes which are coupled pendulums
(the math exists for this), the systems will come to some combination
frequency, though as has been mentioned in a many-oscillator system
there may be multiple solutions.

The TV oscillator example is different as the driving source is not
influenced by the locked oscillator.

Now, can we lock multiple atomic oscillators together into a
super-accurate ensemble?

David