[time-nuts] Lightning Strike Site, Latency of AS3935 IRQ output

Tom Bales tob at starhouse.org
Mon Sep 16 17:21:16 UTC 2013

Alan,

Well, you shamed me into actually setting it up and measuring the IRQ
delay.  Amazingly, the delay varies from 25 to 110 milliseconds, depending
upon what type of triggering is involved.  I did the test using their
"lightning simulator" and measuring the delay between the magnetic pulse
the simulator creates and switching of the IRQ line.  Makes you wonder what
a little processor could possibly be doing for a whole tenth of a second.

Tom Bales

Message: 3