[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Thu Sep 19 13:40:03 UTC 2013

Thanks Bob, Charles,

Well, here's my plan.  Get a single piece of RG-11 direct burial.  Get a more stable post for the antenna and perhaps a bit taller. Keep my eye out for a different antenna, right now they seem to be going for $50 and up for the 26 dB versions, I could contact RDR, but I didn't see anything on his site about other antennas.  Yes, this is no high RF area except when maybe I turn on the 170 W 2M brick and that's nothing, I saw that thread about filters in the antenna.  Finish this 48 hour survey and get these other things done and then do a 72 hour survey.  Let it run for months and see where we are.  Get a smaller switching type power supply.

I figured nothing was broken or not working right.

Bob, are you saying playing with the masks TC, gain and other stuff in LH does nothing to the NTBW50AA? It just affects how LH looks on my computer screen and I'm really not changing anything of how the Nortel works?

Thanks,
Dave