[time-nuts] Varian 921-0062 ion pump supply question

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 06:29:53 UTC 2013

Hi Corby,
What pins are the line and the neutral connected to at the moment? What pins are linked?
What you describe is typical of a 110/120/220/240 setup with the windings between 1 &8 and 2&9 being the 10V taps.
You could try connecting a low voltage AC supply (between5 and 15 v from a transformer) to the amins input and measuring the transformer input voltages. This will give you the voltage ratios and phasing.
I'll try to find the manual online and see where the tap goes.

Robert G8RPI.