[time-nuts] GPSDO vs Rb standard

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Sep 20 22:34:19 UTC 2013

Hi

All of my FE Rb's have serial out of a 9 pin D connector. They bring power (+15 and +5) in on that connector, and put 1 pps and 10 MHz out on the same 9 pin D.

There are (apparently) dozens of variations of the FE 5680. There is no single standard for what is hooked up where. I'd be *very* careful about playing with wires I had not either traced out or had data from the seller on. It's *very* easy to blow one of these beasts up.

On mine serial is normal RS-232 levels on pins 8(rx) and 9(tx). 15 V power is on pin 1, ground on pins  2 and 5, +5 power is on pin 4.

Outputs are on 6 (pps), 7 (10 Mhz), 3 (lock).

Again - I'd be *very* careful with information that may or may not apply to your specific Rb.

Bob