[time-nuts] New NTBW50AA

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Sat Sep 21 17:34:24 UTC 2013

R is to read files.

I tried all 3 reset (!) commands, warm, cold and hard. (and said 'OH no what have I done) Warm locked in about 3 minutes and cleared the holdover, cold locked in 10 minutes, hard locked in 10 minutes but cleared the lat lon, reset the EL to 10, AMU to 4.  I put the lat lon and alt back in and after the almanac came back up in about 16 minutes, everything else remained the same.  Seem to have to force LH to stop and re-start each time.

I'm looking at the signal strength vs. az/el and I'll let it run for a while.  I still hardly ever see much above 43-45 dBc.  I have new cable coming, so maybe that will help but I doubt it.  I may try the K7KKQ antenna and an amp from mouser.

Dave