[time-nuts] Reflections and Low Phase Noise

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Sep 22 00:35:49 UTC 2013

> For those that have not been in Boulder, you should realize that it is just
> downhill from the mountains. Multiple small creeks run through Boulder as
> the rain poors off the Rocky Mountains, like the Flatirons that dominate the
> view of Boulder. Boulder really stops at the Rocky Mountains.

Except the creeks aren't so small when it rains hard.  They have a large
collection basin.

I've seen this described as a 1000 year flood, but I don't know how credible
that was.  For something like that, the only solution is to not live in the
lowlands.

For those of you who haven't seen it in the news, here are some good pictures:

http://tinyurl.com/lk2kuwr
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/09/historic-flooding-across-colorado/1
00591/

http://tinyurl.com/l9qkb6r