[time-nuts] Acam TDC's

Marek Peca marek at duch.cz
Mon Apr 7 13:07:00 UTC 2014

> I looked into one of the high end units for a project. From what I
> recall, the resolution was high. The problem for me was the continuous
> throughput was not there. I was looking at making around 30 to 40
> million measurements per second. As I recall, it it could burst at that,
> but not sustain it.

At which resolution do you wish to get 40Msps? Tell me the single-shot
jitter figure. So far we had only several ksps of throughput in our TDC
circuit, but the bottleneck lies within a computer interface.

Anyway, it is not an easy task to get some 200MB/s into the computer in a
sustained fashion. (And to process such amounts of data in real time is
hard, too.)

Best regards,
Marek