[time-nuts] Is this ocxo salvageable?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:04:25 UTC 2014

Totally agree with the comments here. Lot of heat and I slip an exact o
knife in to gently separate the can and base and also to gently lift the
base out.
Remember solder follows the heat so if you can tip the can apply the heat
below and the solder will tend to drip out.
The great news is since the oscillator is bad nothing to loose by trying to
get in.
Regards
Paul.
WB8TSL