[time-nuts] First success with very simple, very low cost GPSDO

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Thu Apr 10 23:52:12 UTC 2014

FWIW, I set the DAC to midpoint and use a binary search to get to frequency.  On my system, I start off with a change of 0x80 and work my way down to 0x04 in powers of 2 (0x80, 0x40, 0x20, etc).  Once I get to 256 seconds between DAC changes, I light the PLL fuse.  I could probably get away with less than 256 seconds.  Before I built the TIC, I worked down to 0x01 which resulted in pretty long times between changes.

Bob