[time-nuts] ARM boards for low-cost GPSDOs

Orin Eman orin.eman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 02:28:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Chris Albertson
<albertson.chris at gmail.com>wrote:

> 3) TI sells a "Launch Pad" at a very good price, about $13 and it is VERY
> well supported with training materials, software and so on.  I'm sure TI
> iix taking a loss on these.   They can't be making money at $13  This is a
> great value.
> http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/launchpads-tivac.html#tabs

edX have been running a course on embedded systems using a TI LaunchPad.
 I've been doing it for fun using the TI Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad:

https://www.edx.org/course/utaustinx/utaustinx-ut-6-01x-embedded-systems-1172

If that doesn't work, got to www.edx.org and look for courses from
UTAustinX.

It's a pretty good introduction to programming these things, using the Keil
development environment.  They have programmed addons to the IDE to grade
your work both in simulation and on real hardware.  A bit late to start on
it, but no actual deadlines have passed... yet.

Orin.