[time-nuts] I can't get a nice waveform from my rubidium !

Claude Fender labtf1 at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 17 05:32:52 UTC 2014

Hello List,
I've recently bought a Quartzlock 10A R (rubidium). Does anyone has experience with this unit?

My
 unit has two outputs with no options. The problem is the shape of the
waveform (see attachments), it's the same shape for the two outputs.
When I
 connect an output directly to the oscilloscope, the shape is nearly
"squared" and when I use a probe, the shape is nearly "sine" !

When I send a 10 MHz signal from a generator, the waveform is a clean sine with or whithout the probe.

So what signal should I except from this rubidium ? Or most probably, what is wrong with my use of the oscilloscope ?
(The frequency is ok by the way (+2E-10) and I didn't open the case yet)

Thanks for any advice

Claude