HagaaarTheHorrible hagaaar587plus7 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:17:58 UTC 2014

Hi Dave and thanks for the quick answer!
My thesis is about a phase noise measurement device I developed, which primary use is to measure phase noise/jitter of audioband DACs. I probably won't be focussing on jitter too much but would like to know if there even is one accepted standard definition.
For example, in the different definitions I found so far, the seperation between jitter and wander sometimes is given to be at 1Hz, 10Hz and sometimes just mushy definitions like "very low frequencies"...
I doubt it is that important for my thesis anyway, but I'd really like to know for myself, so if anyone has a pointer for me it would be greatly appreciated!