Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Apr 18 14:12:46 UTC 2014

Hi

The dividing line between wander and jitter is a “legal" one rather than a physics one. It’s a breakpoint in a spec where the treatment of the noise changes from “do this” to “do that”. In most cases you pass wander and you attenuate jitter. Different specs put the line at different points based on hoped for system performance.

Bob